The eighth annual Qhia Dab Neeg Film Festival in St. Paul, Minnesota encourages all filmmakers to submit films celebrating Hmong narratives in any genre or length. Films including at least one cast and crew of Hmong ethnicity is also eligible. The festival is a platform for the advancement of filmmaking and preservation of storytelling in the Hmong community. The highest consideration is given to:
- Clarity of narrative • A strong message • A Hmong cast/crew/director/editor
- Technical quality • Audio quality • Direction & Cinematography
- Completed entry form.
- Highest quality quicktime file (mpeg, mp4, or mov file) uploaded and shared in Dropbox or;
- Preview DVD or CD (quicktime file) For feature-length films (50 min. or more), submit two DVDs. For short films (under 50 min.) or music videos, submit one DVD. LABELING - For all submissions, include the title and the running time on the DVD case. If submitting a work-in- progress, indicate the elements that are incomplete on the DVD.
- MULTIPLE ENTRIES - You may submit more than one film/video. One application per entry.
- If your video file is larger than 3GB, please contact Xia Yang (email@example.com) for more details on how to submit.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Programming decisions are made by the festival panel. Selection of films will be notified by May 26th, 2017 via email or phone. If your film is selected, we do request your presence during the film festival to partake in activities and meet other filmmakers at the Opening Reception on June 23.
- FESTIVAL SCREENING – You will be asked to stay for a Q&A session after your film screening.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE - May 26th, 2017
- RETURN OF ENTRIES - Submissions will be returned upon request.
- FESTIVAL AWARDS (Youth and Adult Filmmakers are separate)
Mail entries to:
In Progress, 213 Front Ave., St. Paul, MN 55117
For questions/comments, contact film curators:
Sao Her or Pa Na Lor, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FESTIVAL – PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
Photo Exhibit Guidelines
The Photo Exhibit is collection of work from Artists all over the world showcasing their Hmong Narratives.
Art Exhibit Submission Guidelines
- Must be Hmong related (artist or subject of artwork)
- Theme: “Storytelling” (open for interpretation)
- Digital Photo of any artwork (mixed media, drawings, digital drawings, photography, etc.)
- 12x16 Inches MINIMUM size with 300 DPI
- NO FACEBOOK IMAGES
- Include Title and Description briefly explaining the art piece.
- All work must be work of original material taken by the contest entrant.
DEADLINE: MAY 26th, 2017
By submitting, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Photograph and Description are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Photograph or the Description. There is no fee for submissions; the participant’s whose work is selected for the show will be notified. All submissions will be presented as printed and framed photographs funded by In Progress (therefore the need of a digital version of the work).