FRESH VOICES is a digital arts project dedicated to the creation of photographs, videos and writing pieces that publicly acknowledge and celebrate the voice of Latinos living in the rural community of Crookston Minnesota. The program began in 1996 and represents some of the first activities ever offered by In Progress.
We are currently seeking 16 people from the Crookston area to participate in a series of workshops that lead to powerful artwork and conversations
- all ages are welcome and encouraged to join
- families, however they identify, are welcome
- artwork created during this experience will be shared publicly with the hope of igniting conversations throughout the northwest region
- no experience is required to participate
- there is no cost
- artists will be on hand to walk you and your families through each and every step.
FRESH VOICES is presented by the following artists and educators
- Xavier Tavera
- Tomas Leal
- Cristina Rodriguez
- Rebecca Rodriguez
- Maria Argueta
- Kristine Sorensen
Artwork presented on this page were created by April Gomez
Fresh Voices is made possible through the generous support of the Minnesota State Arts Board Arts Access Program.