sadie jones hill
Sadie Hill Jones is an emerging photographer. She lives in Saint Paul, is thirteen years old, and is a student at Washington Tech. She began taking photographs at the age of 7. For the past several years, she has documented community events, created imaginative bright collages of her family and has helped other young people learn and create photographic artwork. She currently works for In Progress as a peer mentor and instructor in training. Her more recent work demonstrates not only her artistic skill but also her ability to use art to open other’s eyes and speak to important issues facing young people.
Sadie Jones Hill is skilled in many forms of media creation, public presentation and teaching. Skills include:
- Professional DSLR camera operation;
- Lighting and backdrop set up and operation;
- Portraiture photography technique;
- Event documentation in photography and video;
- Post-production editing in photography;
- Software applications: Adobe Photoshop, Light Room, MS Word.
- 2 years experience working with youth as a peer mentor.
- Currently training as a professional teaching artist with an emphasis in community based visual and media arts exploration.